What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 for 21: I did it!

I did it.  I posted every day for 31 days.  Yay me!  :)  You may not hear from me for another month, since the challenge is done.  Ha!

I don't know how much anybody learned about Down syndrome ... hopefully, you got something out of this month.  Please know that if you have any questions about Down syndrome or our life, I'd be glad to answer them.  Or point you in the direction of someone who could answer.

A couple of people made some suggestions for other topics - and I'll try to address those over the next couple of months - marriage, a guest post by Emmett, some therapy info and more videos.  I'm open to more ideas!

For now, here are a few highlights from Halloween:


Our kids' costumes: a Kyoshi warrior, a chicken, and a zombie from Plants vs. Zombies.  Emmett was dressed like Mike Brown.


I got the job of giving out candy while Emmett took all three kids around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat.  He's a brave, brave man.


Our next door neighbor is a DJ.  He brought out his party equipment and played lots of house music while people came around.  At some point, a group of three adult zombies did a dance in the street.  Have I said that I love Halloween in my neighborhood?  It's so fun.

When Emmett brought the kids back to the house, pushing Ben in the stroller and carrying Corrie, Ben was totally OUT.  He napped for a while, then perked up again for the later waves of visitors.  I heard lots of sweet comments about the pollito


Evidently Corrie stepped on something.  As soon as she got home, she mournfully requested an ice pack. 


Corrie's evening went downhill from there.  By bedtime, Corrie kept telling Emmett, "You just don't understand the position I'm in!" and "I hate living like this!  You're taking all the fun out of everything."  He stayed the course and put both big kids to bed while I medicated and nebulized Ben.

And now I am snuggling with my husband on the couch.  :)

Thanks to everyone who hung in there with me for the month!  I hope I didn't totally annoy all my facebook friends with all the blog posts.  I really appreciate everyone's feedback and encouragement. 

Y'all are a blessing!









No comments:

Post a Comment