What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Down Syndrome Awareness Month (31 for 21:1)

Everybody knows that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and I'm pretty sure it's Pastor Appreciation Month, too.  It is also Down Syndrome Awareness Month. 

This month, I'm going to *try* to blog every day.  There's a whole group of bloggers who write every day in October, and they call it "31 for 21."  Down syndrome happens when a person has three copies of the 21st chromosome.  Hence, 31 (days) for 21 (the chromosome).

I have some ideas for this month - starting with a couple of book reviews and giveaways, some picture posts, and at least one or two posts about the Step Up for Down Syndrome Awareness Walk that I'm helping to plan.  I'll introduce you to some of my favorite bloggers, and hopefully give you some more information about Down syndrome.  It'll be fun!

It will be good to get back in the habit of writing on the blog.  This space has been neglected for a while.

So - happy October!  Thanks for following along.

If you want to check out some other blogs who are participating in the 31 for 21 challenge, check out the list here.

And here's a photo of Ben back when he was my little snuggly baby.  Such a sweet boy. 


Now he's my big toddler - climbing on the furniture and throwing his goldfish crackers on the floor. But he's still a great snuggler.




3 comments:

  1. Deborah, I love hearing about how God is using you in a way you could have never expected, but I'm so confident that He is! Even though I've only met him once, I love your little boy!! I'm sure he and Elias would have been great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more from you this month! I did the challenge last year and it was a lot, so I'm backing off a bit this year (just can't swing it with my part time work schedule).

    I see Ben enjoys sitting ON the table......Owen does too! What is it with these crazy boys?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog on Kelly's Korner. I just gave birth to my son in August and he had a surprise DS diagnosis after birth. I'm obviously very new to this! Your son is so cute!

    ReplyDelete