What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Monday, April 22, 2013

If You're Happy And You Know It

I have to admit, I am loving Ben's sad face lately.  How could anyone resist this face?


When he looks at me with those big eyes and that pouty lip, I just want to squeeze him and make it all right.  

Unfortunately, he usually gives me that look after I tell him "No."  Lately, I've had to say "no" a lot ... because (1) he's a toddler and (2) he's started biting me occasionally.
 

One of Ben's very favorite activities is doing the motions to songs.  He doesn't sing yet, but if he is ever fussy or sad or distracted and needs to re-focus, music will soothe this boy's heart.  At 20 months, he can do the motions to the following songs:

  She'll Be Coming 'Round The Mountain
  Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
  The Wheels on the Bus
  Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  Pat-A-Cake
  The Itsy Bitsy Spider
  Hallelu, Hallelu (Praise Ye the Lord)
If You're Happy and You Know It

These are not actual sign language motions, these are just the motions that our family uses for these songs - most are probably the ones that my mom taught me when I was little.

If you don't mind listening to me sing ... and you pay no attention to the fact that I cut off the end of the video, you can enjoy Ben being temporarily distracted from his woes by doing the motions to "If You're Happy and You Know It."  We sing "amen" instead of "hooray" because I learned the song at church when I was a kid. 



1 comment:

  1. Awww, that was so cute. He had the biggest smile on his face while doing the motions. Owen is the same way--a good song will distract him and change his mood. And by the way, you have a great singing voice!

    ReplyDelete