What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Conversations with Corrie

Today in the car, Corrie was throwing a fit because she wanted to stop for a donut.  There's a Shipley's close to her preschool and occasionally we will stop for a treat.


Corrie: If you don't buy me a donut, I will move out as soon as I'm old enough.

Mom: OK.  I'll miss you.

Corrie: And I'm not ever getting married!

Mom:  I think that's fine.  But I think if you find a man as amazing as Daddy, and you want to marry him, that would be great, too.

Corrie:  There's no one like Daddy.

Of course, I emailed this exchange to Emmett as soon as I got home.  His response?

And now I want to buy her a donut.  You're responsible for controlling her, right?

Ha!  I can try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Last night, at bedtime, we had this exchange:

Mom: OK.  Let's all pick someone to pray for who isn't in our family.  Maybe someone that we saw this weekend.
Corrie: Thank you God for the trees and the kitties and the cows and I can't think of all the animals.  Thank you for everyone except my family.

 She is a character!



No comments:

Post a Comment