What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, 
for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.   
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. 
Come and see the place where he lay.   
Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 
‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. 
There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

Matthew 28:5-7  
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is Easter.   We took a quick family picture after we got home from church this morning.  It's impossible to get Ben to look straight at the camera when we use the timer.  He's always so distracted when Dad hurries over to get in the picture.  :)


Here are the three kids hanging out.  They are so fun.
 






One of the traditions in our corner of the world is to dye and hunt for confetti eggs (cascarones).  I cheated this year and didn't make any myself - I just bought a couple dozen at the grocery store.  

We dyed hard-boiled eggs just like we did when I was growing up - I think we'll be having deviled eggs and chicken salad this week.  :)

Did you notice that we mixed up the green and orange dye in the colored cups? 

I also had cookie dough left over from my
cookie-baking extravaganza last week, so we made Easter egg cookies.  Yummy!











 We celebrated Easter with an egg hunt and dinner with a family from our church.  

The confetti eggs are always a big hit with the kids.  Ben was a favorite target, since he was so close to the ground - all the little kids could reach him.  Notice the many egg fragments and confetti pieces surrounding him.  

I was also a target since I hung out with him for most of the egg hunt.
Evan and Corrie were the biggest kids there, so they had to wait a while before they got a turn to find eggs.  Fortunately, there were TONS of eggs out there to find.


Corrie found lots and lots of eggs and shared them with all the other kids. 
 

Evan enjoyed his older kid status and cracked eggs on everyone else until ... I got a hold of him!  Then the little kids attacked!





Meanwhile, Ben sat amidst the shells and tasted the plastic eggs.  Yum. It was a sweet day together.  

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment