What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A List

I have been a blogging slacker lately.  Here are some moments that I want to remember:

1.  Ben is such a good eater!  I left him in the church nursery for a MOPS & POPS date night, and told the workers that he could eat the pizza that they ordered for the kids (plus I brought a large helping of applesauce and some cooked carrots).  When I came back, the workers were amazed:  he ate TWO full pieces of cheese pizza, ALL the applesauce, and half the carrots.

2.  Corrie got a little upset with her friends at the park today.  They didn't want to play the game that she wanted to play.  She walked away and sat by the swings with her head buried in her knees.  I walked over to see what had happened.  She explained, and I suggested that she try to take turns suggesting games to play.  With a serious, wounded expression, she replied "But Mom ... they are ripping my heart out."  She's only FOUR.  What will FOURTEEN be like?

3.  Corrie loves sidewalk chalk lately.


4.  Corrie also has a great sense of style.  Here she is (with waffle and lunchbox in hand) before school on Monday:


6.  Evan finished his soccer season on Saturday.  He's all about defense.  The next sport he wants to play is football.  I'm not so sure about that.

7.  A word of advice:  Do not rub your nose after making The Pioneer Woman's bacon-wrapped jalapenos.  If you do rub your nose - with jalapeno heat on your hands - I suggest coating the nose with a generous helping of plain yogurt to sooth the burn.  Thankfully, I have no pictures of this remedy in action.

8.  I would also say that putting one's nose in a bowl of milk to take away the sting might sound effective, but it. is. NOT.

9.  Ben stood up (with assistance) for EIGHT seconds on Monday!  Woo hoo!  Here are some (non-standing) pictures of Ben trying to escape the house:


10.  I feel like there should be ten items on this list.  How about another photo?  Here's Evan's costume for the school vocabulary parade.  I totally forgot about it until late Sunday night, so this was a quick Monday morning creation.  Please don't judge me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment