What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Conversations

Having the kids home and around all the time has been tiring, but fun.

Tonight, Evan asked me, "Mom, what is your dream?"  (I'm guessing this was inspired by the movie Tangled).

Me: My dream?  What I want to do when I grow up?
Evan:  Your dream.  Not what you dream about when you're asleep, but what you dream of.
Me:  I guess my dream would be to tell people about Jesus and help children and families somehow.
Evan:  I have two dreams.  One is to be an admiral.
Me:  That's pretty cool.
Evan:  And the second dream is to see a sperm whale and a giant squid have a battle.

~~~~~~~~~

Corrie is quite a character.  She likes to play with dolls and make up stories. 

I blame Disney, because ALL of her stories have the mother dying - and sometimes the dad, too.  She'll walk the doll over to the dollhouse and say sadly, "My mother died.  I have to take care of my brothers and sisters."  Then the doll will boss all the other dolls around. 

Yesterday, I asked her how the mother died, and she said, "She had too many birthdays.  She was 13, then she had too many birthdays, like 100, and she died." 

Did I mention that my birthday is coming up in August?  Fortunately, I'm not nearing 100 yet.

~~~~~~~~~

Lately, Ben loves to wave.  If anybody smiles at him, up pops his hand.  Today at the cardiologist's office, he waved majestically to one side of the waiting room, then looked over my shoulder and waved at the other half of the room.  He has a very political wave.  He looks like he's running for mayor.

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all who participated in the Easy Canvas Prints giveaway.  Lizz is the winner!




2 comments:

  1. That is too funny about "blaming Disney"! Yes, Tangled would bring on the "Dream" question. That's one of my 17 year old daughter's favorite movies. I love the waving like a politician...you better start saving up for his fundraising events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their conversations....ours are always animated! We call that wave, the pageant wave...it's Hailey's specialty.

    ReplyDelete