What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Mooooo! Free Chicken.

If you don't have a Chick-fil-A in your area, you are missing out.  The chicken is yummy, the lemonade is sweet and refreshing, the playplace is excellent for little ones, and the milkshakes hit the spot.  Not to mention, they like to encourage reading - the kid's meal toys are often books or CDs instead of plastic toys.  (And if you already have the book, you can turn it in for a free ice cream instead).  We love Chick-fil-A!

The one near us has fun promotions all year long.  I'm sure it's a national thing, but we're glad that our local franchise participates.

One fall evening, we all wore our jerseys to CFA so we could get free chicken sandwiches.  We were proud to represent the Chicago Bears.  Everybody else was wearing UT, Texas A&M, or Dallas Cowboys garb.  That's what happens when you live in Texas.

In the spring, Emmett took Corrie to CFA for a Daddy Daughter Date Night.  You had to make reservations, and they had decorated part of the restaurant in a fancy-ish way: flowers, paper placemats, and little booklets with suggestions of things for dads and daughters to talk about.  It was super-cute.  (Not that I saw it in person, but they also had someone take a picture of each daddy/daughter pair at their booth and sent it home in a cute card).

Today was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A.  If you were dressed like a cow, you got to eat for free!  Woot!  We are all about the free food.  Corrie, Evan and I used black fabric paint on white tshirts 2 years ago for this same promotion.  Fortunately, we still have our cow shirts.  Unfortunately, we're going to have paint a new one for Evan next year.  His was a little skimpy.  :)

We decided our newest calf should participate, too.  I gave Corrie a black sharpie and a white onesie, and she went to town.



Moo!





I didn't manage to get a picture of the three cows together.  And - oh darn - I forgot to take a picture of myself in my cow shirt too.  Bummer.  :)

Evan would like me to mention that we got adult-sized meals for free.  So he had 12 chicken nuggets ... and ate them ALL!  Corrie split her 8 nuggets and fries with her friend Zoe, and I ate all 8 of my nuggets, but couldn't finish my fries.  They even gave us a meal for Ben.  I said, "He's not going to eat a meal."  But the woman at the register said, "If he's dressed like a cow, he gets a meal."  Score.  We took the extra meal over to Zoe's mom.

Thanks, Chick-Fil-A!  You are awesome.

Note: I am not in any way affiliated with Chick-Fil-A.  :)

1 comment: