What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Random Sampling

My mind is not together enough for a complete post today. Here are some of the things I've been thinking about:

A. I want to make the most of Evan's last days of preschool and summer. Today we made homemade pizza in circles and triangles for lunch. ("Homemade" is not quite accurate: we assembled store-bought pizza crust, sauce and cheese).

B. Corrie's almost not a baby anymore. She'll be 2 in only a few weeks. She's pushing her boundaries and testing her limits. For example, her new favorite phrase is "No! No, no, no, no, NO WAY!"

C. I need to figure out a way to keep up with friends in far away places. I have one good friend that I call in the afternoons while the kids are napping. We chat at least once a week. (Shout out to Jo!) Then I have a few precious friends that I hardly ever talk to. We've just never had the opportunity to become phone friends because we always lived close by. Some of them are really busy, others just aren't phone people. I'm missing them like crazy.

D. I'm excited for the Super Bowl this Sunday! I grew up rooting for the Saints, and I've rooted for Peyton Manning and the Colts since Tony Dungy started coaching there. I think I'm more for the Colts than the Saints, but it's probably a 60/40 split. (The conversations about Tim Tebow's Super Bowl ad have been interesting, too.)

E. I'm longing for a church home. There are several possibilities here, and I want to be settled somewhere. I miss having a church family - a small group, moms group, kids in Sunday School. I miss serving at church.

I'm sure there are more things rattling around in my head, but five is probably a good enough list for today. Note to self: I should post more about Zumba one of these days. Now I'm off to bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment