What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer. Week Three.

I'm falling behind!  And no photos from last week either!  I've misplaced the memory card for my camera, so I have no photographic evidence of anything I'm about to tell you.  Just trust me.  :)

Highlights of the week:

Playdates!  The kids and I met up with another mom and her kids at Mr. Gatti's for a lunch playdate.  Plus, we got to hang out with some of the neighborhood kids - once for a Lego playdate and then again when the kids on our street shot fireworks.

And dinner ...  Our sweet friends Tonny and Kevin are in the process of moving to another town in Texas.  They happened to be in Edinburg for a few days, so we had Tonny and their girls over for dinner on Wednesday night.  It was great to just hang out and talk for a couple of hours while the kids played.  We grilled all of our 4th of July food a day early.

The 4th of July.  We all woke up early-ish on the 4th.  The kids wore red, white and blue, and we drove down to the parade.  It was fun - not very many floats, but some nifty cars, horses, tumblers and one marching band.  There were lots of veterans riding on trucks and trailers, and it was neat to see how families celebrated their loved ones who had served in the military.

We ate grilled cheese sandwiches, since we had cooked the burgers and hot dogs the night before.  My 4th of July food success story: I combined some recipes to make a yummy lemon tart - covered with whipped cream, and decorated with blueberries and strawberries.  No pictures, but it got rave reviews from the neighbors.

Other happenings this week: therapy for Ben, the kids and I went to the pool one day, we played some family games, Emmett and I stayed up late eating pizza and watching The Avengers, I went out for dinner with some friends from MOPS ... this was just a good summer week.  Pretty low key.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Lost the memory card? I hope you find it soon! Sounds like a pretty good week! Low key is always nice. It doesn't seem to happen often. The tart sounds super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete