What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer. Week One.

The first week of summer has come to an end.  I have grand visions for our summer - some lofty house-decorating goals, and regular fun stuff like bowling and trips to the pool, the occasional ice cream or slush outing, but primarily I want to build good routines.  I'm going to have two children in elementary school next year, and I would like to establish morning and bedtime routines this summer, before school begins again.

This week was a complete failure in the routine department. 

However, in the ice cream and slush area, we rocked.  Stripes has 12 oz slushes for 29 cents, so we picked those up one day.  Then Sonic had half price milkshakes another day - we were there!  We also had Chick Fil A for breakfast one day, and lunch the next.  Next week, we are sticking to meals at home - PB & J, and popsicles from the freezer.

I'm giving myself a break because we just got home from a fantastic two week vacation - a week at a dude ranch in Colorado and then a week of traveling to see family and friends.  I have still not caught up on the laundry.

Here's a couple of photos from this week:

1.  Watching the Spurs game with Daddy.  Ben is practicing the "p" sound here.  We watched the game while on facetime with Papa (grandpa) in Hawaii, and everyone kept telling Ben to say "Papa."  He didn't manage to say the word, but he totally has the lip movement figured out. (Note the photo-bombing gunslinger in the background).



2.  Playdate!  Piles of kids in the living room.  I think they were shooting for a pyramid.  They suggested that I lie down to be the bottom layer, but I refused.  Spoilsport.



3.  Ben is giving Evan a kiss.  



3.  The girls were climbing, too.



4.  Ben "ate" Cheerios.  Mostly, he emptied fistfuls of cereal from the bowl and then put them back.  As long as he was happy, I wrote it off as fine motor exercise combined with snack time.



4.  Note the empty bowl.

Week one of summer is done!  I haven't counted how many weeks we have, and I don't want to know.  I think if I knew I would feel overwhelmed because IT'S SO LONG ... and saddened because IT'LL BE OVER BEFORE WE KNOW IT.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so beautiful. I love the pic of Ben kissing his brother.

    ReplyDelete