What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Corrie is FIVE!

I have been missing the blog!  Lately, real life has been busy and good, and I have failed to keep the blog updated.

Here I am with my Valentine of 18 years.  We were counting back, and I think this time we counted right.  :)  

I can't remember the last time we actually had a date on Valentine's Day.  This one was supposed to be on Thursday evening, but on Wednesday, Ben was diagnosed with strep and and an ear infection and a touch of bronchitis.  So ... we started him on antibiotics and waited till Saturday for our big date.


Corrie turned five!  Where did my little girl go?  I was so excited to make her a cookie cake - just like the one I made for Evan - when she told me that she wanted to decorate her own cake.  It was hard for me to give up my vision of the perfect cookie cake (LOL), but I let her do it.  The only part she let me do was writing the words.  And I was only allowed to put them on the bottom edge of the cake.


For the last 3 years (including this one), Corrie has had a simple weekday playdate for her party.  We invited some of her favorite girlfriends to come play and have lunch.  The girls got manicures (thanks to some helpful home-schooled older girls) and played with sidewalk chalk and musical instruments.  It was loud and colorful.  

I took lots of photos of the party, but forgot to ask if I could post pictures to the blog.  Oh well.

Here's my big girl opening some of her gifts:


And then our family (including Grandma!) went to Chick Fil A for dinner.  A birthday dinner called for milkshakes.





 So much fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week included a cardiology visit for Ben and he got measured for Sure Steps.  I'll do a Ben update soon.

Maybe I'll try to do a DotMOM recap, too.  Corrie's birthday week ended with me taking off for Dallas for Lifeway's DotMOM conference with my great friend Beka.  I'm still processing all that I learned over the weekend.  It was challenging and encouraging and humbling - and so good to get a good night's sleep!  :)

The only thing that marred the weekend was the speeding ticket I got on the drive back.  Groan.

It is good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment