What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Visit from Auntie Jen

After each of my children was born, Emmett's sister has come out - by herself - to visit and help with the baby. Jen came when Evan was a few months old, when Corrie was little, and now for Ben. Her husband has generously kept their children each time.

It's been so good to see her, to talk, and to watch her love on our kids. We try to take advantage of her visits - I get to take extra naps and I run errands by myself. Jen and Emmett go out for a sibling lunch or dinner. The kids have some special outings.

The special outing from this visit was a trip to the zoo. I was there, too, even if I'm not in any of the pictures! :) I take that back - when you see the picture of the three kids together, my arm is the one holding Ben on Corrie's lap. The boys are both looking at me instead of the camera. Sigh ... It's hard to get a picture with everybody looking in the right direction!


We had a great time at the zoo! Evan was our map guy. He kept us moving in the right direction. He was most excited about the tigers.


Ben's favorite part was this big metal turtle. Auntie Jen, Ben and I sat outside the reptile house while Emmett, Evan and Corrie checked out all the snakes. You can kind of see the turtle shell underneath Evan and Corrie.


Corrie loved hanging out with her daddy, and Evan ran - ran - ran everywhere. We all slept well on Saturday night.


Corrie liked the flamingos - pink!


It was Ben's first trip to the zoo. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment