What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

We enjoyed Halloween. I have no photographic evidence to support that statement. We (I) have temporarily misplaced the battery charger for the camera, so ... I can't show you anything right now. (For that matter, I have also misplaced my car keys. I got the kids all ready for soccer practice tonight, and then couldn't find the keys ... we played soccer in the yard for a while).

Ben had no costume - just a cute orange Halloween onesie. Corrie opted to be Rapunzel (mostly). She wore her Rapunzel dress, some fairy wings, a tiara, and a headband holding some long yellow yarn. Evan was Steelix, a Pokemon that sort of looks like an evil gray caterpillar with spikes. We made his costume out of cardboard. I don't know that a written description would do it justice. One kid walking past him said, "Hey! It's scary-looking Pumpkin head man." Evan was a little offended.

Evan likes ... umm ... unusual costumes. Two years ago, he wanted to be Martian Manhunter. "Only blue. Not green." That was another crazy homemade costume - blue face paint, blue shirt and pants, red ribbon belt and vest, plus a black cape. I don't think anyone knew what he was supposed to be. Last year, he really wanted to be a dragon. We were traveling in October, so I finally convinced him to let us buy him a costume. He was a knight.

Corrie was a princess last year, too. Halloween 2010 was the first time she dressed up as a princess. She embraced princess dresses with great enthusiasm - I think we own at least 10 princess dresses and countless accessories by now.

Would it be awful if I posted pictures from last year? Then I'll throw in a cute one of Ben for good measure. Maybe we'll re-enact Halloween once we find the battery charger. :)

Evan with his friend B (AKA Captain Hook)
Corrie with her friend B (AKA Mulan)
Ben (AKA Cutest baby EVER!) Don't you just want to kiss his tummy? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment