What we did and when we did it. Sometimes.

What we did and when we did it. Sometimes. People, places and events to remember.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cowboy Day

One of these days I'm going to figure out how to post pictures on this thing! Actually, I think I already know how, it's just that we forget to download pictures from our camera. And I'm using a new computer, so I've never actually put pictures on this computer.

Today was Cowboy Day at Evan's preschool. They had games, a cowboy lunch, a singalong and a dance. It was fun! Corrie and I were in charge of the "pin the badge on the sheriff" game, along with my friend Claudia. Corrie didn't have much patience for hanging out by the game, so she and I did a fair share of wandering around while the kids were playing games. When it was time for the singalong and dancing, I wondered how Corrie would do. She is on the go all the time, and I doubted that she'd be able to sit still and pay attention. Hooray - I was wrong! She loved listening to the songs, and she enjoyed watching all the dances. Everytime they'd stop performing, she would clap and cheer. "Yay, Evan!" She is super cute.

Evan deserved the cheers. He and his friend Emma had to skip together, do-si-do, and swing your partner. He did everything just like he was supposed to, and he looked like he was taking it all very seriously. He said that his favorite part was when he and Emma got to skip down the line together.

Oh, but this morning ... we all stayed up way too late last night. Evan had soccer practice, and by the time we got the kids home, fed, bathed and into bed, it was 8:30 or 9. Emmett and I stayed up till midnight. So this morning, we were all struggling to get up. Finally everybody was awake and downstairs. I was trying to get the kids dressed for Cowboy Day (hats, boots, jeans, bandanas), plus assemble an easy "Hawaiian chicken" dinner in the crockpot. Corrie wandered over to ask me a question, and while I answered her, I poured a can of mandarin oranges directly into the trashcan. Good grief!

Tonight I am going to bed at a reasonable time. I think I am a better mom (and cook!) when I'm well-rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment