For inspiration, I checked out the photos from the last MONTH AND A HALF. I can't believe it's been that long since my last post.
Here's what I've been up to:
(1) Meeting - and sledding with! - one of my favorite kids from the blogging world (and her awesome mom and dad).
(2) Showing some Chicago love by getting Ben a football hat with Bears colors. Yes, I know we live in south Texas and he will probably only wear this a couple of times next winter. (Corrie actually stole it from him and wears it around the house occasionally - pretending she has beautiful braids).
(3) World Down Syndrome Day! This is the third time our family has recognized this day. The first year, we had a potluck dinner with 7 families. The next year, around 100 people came to a celebration at Chuck E. Cheese. This year, we had 250 people meet at a park for hot dogs, games and a balloon release. I'm amazed every time I think of it.
Note: We took this picture first thing in the morning - right before the kids headed off to school. Ben's not normally dressed and ready to go at that time. He looks a little sleepy still. Ha!
(4) We celebrated something else ... but I can't remember what it was. This is why I need to blog more often. Corrie got to go to Build A Bear to make her own Rainbow Dash (from My Little Pony) - she's been saving money, and we've been hoarding gift cards. Then we all enjoyed root beer floats!
(5) Emmett and I went on a cruise to celebrate 15 years of marriage! OK, so our anniversary was back in November ... and this was actually a work-related thing for Emmett (he had a conference onboard) ... but still, a CRUISE! My mom took care of all 3 kids while we vacationed for 5 whole days. I napped. And read books. And napped some more. It was so restful.
And we had a wonderful Easter, but I plan for that to get its own post. Possibly in June. :)