1. What was your favorite thing from this past spring?
Evan: My favrite thing in spring was school ending.
Corrie: I started dance balay. (ballet)
2. What was your favorite thing from the summer?
Evan: Going to a ranch.
Corrie: We went to swimming.
3. What was your favorite thing from this past fall?
Corrie: Start Canterbury (She started kindergarten this year).
4. What was your favorite thing from this past winter?
Evan: Watching Frozen.
5. What was the hardest thing that happened?
Evan: UIL was the most challenging thing this year. (Math competition)
Corrie: Spilling a deeck. (drink) - She spilled a drink about half an hour before answering this question. We had friends over, so she was embarrassed, and she had to change clothes. There were many tears.
6. What were the best books you read this year?
Evan: Percy Jackson and Lloyd Alexander
Corrie: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
7. Who were the most important people in your life?
Evan: My family, then David and Aidan
Corrie: Blue blankie
8. What was your favorite thing that you learned this year?
Corrie: To Read
9. How do you hope this year will be like this past year?
Evan: More books
10. How do you hope this next year will be different for you?
Evan: Less writing.
Corrie: New dance class.
Emmett and I were talking about Ben's possible answers to the questions. I think Ben's favorite thing in every season is Signing Time, plus he loved our trip to the ranch. Ben hasn't had too many hard things ... he did fall into the coffee table when he was practicing walking a few weeks ago. Favorite book: probably Eric Carle's From Head to Toe. He also loves to read the Signing Time books and sign to himself. Most important people: I think he would say his mother. :) His favorite thing he learned: the feelings signs (happy, surprised, grumpy, scared, etc). We hope that next year will be similarly fun for him and his siblings - they enjoy each other very much. And we hope that next year will have Ben learning to walk - and hopefully saying (not just signing!) some words.
I have many editorial comments about Evan and Corrie's responses. For example, Corrie has been learning SO MUCH this year - riding a bike, reading, math - it's amazing to see all the ways she's grown in just the past few months. However, I will use this space to record and remember their responses. And maybe later I will post my thoughts about them. :)