A few comments:
(1) I have no pictures of day 1.
(2) We missed registration at the school a few weeks ago because we had just returned from our big trip and the kids were all sick-ish and out of it. I didn't want to drag the three sick and grumpy kids to school to wait in line for registration. BIG MISTAKE.
(3) When you take your whole family to school to see the oldest one off to second grade, it would be better to be REGISTERED. If you are NOT registered, you will arrive early (say, 7:15 or so), then learn that registration won't start until 8:30 a.m. By the time your child is finally registered, it is after 9:00 a.m. School starts at 7:55 a.m.
(4) While we were waiting in the registration line, we realized that Evan's school supplies were at home in the living room. Emmett took the two younger kids and drove home to pick up the bag of notebooks, glue, etc. He also made PB&J sandwiches for the children, since we had figured Evan would be eating breakfast in his classroom.
(5) Evan finally made it to class - hooray! - and most of his classmates from last year are in his room again. He got an enthusiastic welcome from the kids, and a very businesslike greeting from his teacher. I may need to send some kind of teacher appreciation treat next week to make up for our extreme tardiness. Any ideas?
(6) Evan's response to his first day: "It was fine. I prefer first grade to second grade." Why? "Second grade is just talk, talk, talk, talk." Ha!
Today is day 2. Emmett took Evan to school this morning. On time. :) And I got a couple of pictures:
Before he left ...