We have had a busy few weeks. Some highlights:
- I attended my first Young Lives meeting at a local high school. It's exciting to see these young moms getting together to encourage each other. It was fun to play games with the girls! Now, I'm waiting for God's direction - should I plan to get involved in Young Lives or Teen MOPS this fall? Or does He have another place for me?
- Easter! Our first Easter in Texas ... made particularly special by cascarones. I made some with the kids and bought some from a roadside vendor. Also special because we celebrated with some college students. They were great with our children, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with the girls some more.
- I had two dentists appointments. I don't like going to the dentist.
- I had a flat tire. Then a flat spare. Then some Good Samaritans put air in the spare so I could get to Wal-Mart. Got a new tire and hung out with Evan in the Lego section for a long while. Good bonding time with my son!
- Corrie had nursemaid's elbow. Ouch! It was a quick and easy fix by our doctor, but difficult to see my daughter in pain. She's normally such a tough little girl, that seeing her crying and hurt was really a shock.
- We cut down some palm branches from a tree in the yard. Evan went around singing "Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna to the high king!" (Not exactly how the song goes). Corrie loved waving her palm branch and shouting "Posanna!" Emmett and I got a good chuckle out of that one.
- Corrie also LOVES Dora and Diego. Lately, whenever she needs help, she says "Ayudame!" which means "help me!" in Spanish. She also walks down the sidewalk and jumps over all the cracks, announcing "I say it louder. JUMP!" She's a cutie. And she can count to ten, but she does the first half in Spanish and the second half in English. And she doesn't always remember all the numbers.
- Star Wars is everywhere! Evan can turn any game or situation into something Star Wars-related. The kids and I were pretending to be a train. Corrie was the conductor; Evan was the engineer. I asked Evan where the train should stop. His answer: "The rebel base in Force-ville."